Nestled between the mighty peaks of the Himalayas, the city of Gangtok rises as a center for Tibetology and Tibetan Buddhist culture. It is the capital of the state of Sikkim in India and a popular destination for globetrotters. With its stunning views of Mount Kanchenjunga, the third highest peak in the world, this beautiful city gained prominence after the construction of Enchey Monastery.. Another feature of the city, is that it acts as a gateway to other parts of the state. It is very easy to travel to the various places of interest in Sikkim from Gangtok like Tsomgo Lake, Yumthang Valley, Nathu La Pass, Pelling etc.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation at mentioned hotels or Similar as per meal plans mentioned.
- All transfers and sightseeing as per itinerary by AC Innova / Xylo / Scorpio (Maximum 06 Pax).
- Vehicle will be strictly on point to point basis (Not on disposal basis).
- All parking charges and Road taxes, toll taxes.
- Assistance by our representatives during airport/station transfers.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Guide Charges
- Parking and Porter Charges
- Entry Fees
- Personal Expenses : such as Laundry, Telephone Calls, Alcoholic & Non Alcoholic Beverages, Food(if not included)
- Additional Sightseeing or usage of vehicle not mentioned in the itinerary
Day 1 - Bagdogra/NJP to Gangtok 125 kms 4 hours approx.
Assistance at the airport/railway station on arrival and drive to Gangtok. At an altitude of 1750m, Gangtok became the state capital in the mid 19th century and has undergone rapid development since then. The downtown area is dominated by huge government buildings decorated with traditional Buddhist symbols. Gangtok is also a resting ground for people traveling to North Sikkim. Surrounded by Monasteries and Orchids, Gangtok is truly a travellers delight. Overnight at hotel.
Day 2 - Excursion trip to Tsomgo Lake and Baba Mandir
Breakfast at the hotel and full day excursion to Changu Lake which is 35 Kms from Gangtok at an altitude of 12,400 feet. The lake derives its waters from melting snows off the surrounding mountains Legends say that lamas could forecast the future by studying the color of the lake’s waters. Also visit Baba Mandir. Overnight at hotel.
Day 3 - Gangtok - Bagdogra/NJP(125 kms /5 hours approx.)
Breakfast at the hotel and drive to Bagdogra/NJP in time for flight/train to onward destination. Tour ends with lifetime memories to cherish !